name='verify_a78772d791e94fc7f9666f0dd14249cc'/> Lopez shares what makes Daniil Medvedev better than the younger players

Lopez shares what makes Daniil Medvedev better than the younger players

Advertisemen

In an interview with Diario Sur, Feliciano Lopez spoke of Daniil Medvedev's potential. The Spanish player lost to the Russian in the third round at the 2019 US Open. It was a tricky match since Medvedev faced boos from the crowd that was pro-Lopez. From there, Medvedev reached the final losing to Rafael Nadal in a five-set championship clash. "This year Medvedev showed he will be a great player. He is the most mature out of the next generation. He is competitive and has a fighting spirit. I think Medvedev is better than (his peers) with respect to his mentality. He is solid," said Lopez.

On how it feels to have played his 71st consecutive Grand Slam tournament at the US Open, Lopez added: "It's definitely a record that makes me very proud, it shows the longevity I am enjoying as a player at the highest level. It's a motivation to keep increasing this amount, but there are other milestones I am very proud of like the triumph in the four Davis Cups, the French Open doubles with my great friend Marc Lopez, and more recently, I was able to win my favorite tournament at Queen's for the second time."

Asked how long he sees himself around, Lopez replied: "I do not exactly. From some years, I (have) just wanted to enjoy and be at my highest level year by year. I will compete in 2020 and then I will see how I feel physically and mentally."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2Q8eW2m
Advertisemen

Disclaimer: Images, articles or videos on the web sometimes come from various other media sources. Copyright is fully held by the source. If there are problems related to this, you can contact us disini.
Related Posts
Disqus Comments