name='verify_a78772d791e94fc7f9666f0dd14249cc'/> Federer and Nadal studying me is emotional, says Berrettini

Federer and Nadal studying me is emotional, says Berrettini

Advertisemen

In an interview with Messaggero, Matteo Berrettini shared how his top 15 player status changes things when he plays on the Tour. The Italian said: "Before I was an up and coming player, now that I achieved certain results they look at me differently. It makes everything more complicated but at the same time I am proud of it. Thinking that before facing me, Federer and Nadal study me, makes me emotional."

On how he improved his slice, Berrettini added: "I started when I was 17 and I got injured on my left wrist, so I played, like, three months just with the slice. Vincenzo, my coach, he used to play just slice, no spin at all, no topspin at all. I guess he knows how to teach slice. I have been working a lot -- I'm practicing a lot with Flavio Cipolla, a good friend of mine, playing with an unbelievable slice. I called him and said, I was playing the slice like you today because I was feeling really well. Yeah, that's the secret."

Berrettini concluded: "First of all, I'm glad that you're seeing that I'm calm on the court, but inside for sure I'm not. I'm feeling --- I have feelings --- when I'm playing. It's been hard work to be like this on the court. Usually, I'm like this. There are times, like, I'm complaining a little bit more. It's tough, you know. I know that to play this kind of tennis, this kind of level, you have to be like this. I'm working hard with my team, with my mental coach, about this."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/302I5kg
Advertisemen

Disclaimer: Images, articles or videos on the web sometimes come from various other media sources. Copyright is fully held by the source. If there are problems related to this, you can contact us disini.
Related Posts
Disqus Comments