name='verify_a78772d791e94fc7f9666f0dd14249cc'/> Bianca Andreescu shares early memories of Serena Williams

Bianca Andreescu shares early memories of Serena Williams

Advertisemen

Bianca Andreescu recalled her early memories of Serena Williams. "I remember watching her when I was about 10. I don't remember specifically a moment. I watched her win most of her Grand Slam titles. I think she's fighting for her 24th on Saturday. I'm sure she's going to bring her A game. I'm going to try to bring my A game, too. Hopefully I guess may the best player win", said Andreescu looking ahead to the US Open final."

Andreescu also recalled her Rogers Cup final win by retirement over Serena last month: "I don't think she was playing her best tennis in Toronto. Obviously she was having pain in her back. I got a sense of how her ball is. So yeah."

Andreescu also commented on her progression this year: "Auckland was the first time I've ever beaten a top-10 player. The next match I ended up beating Venus Williams, a true champion of this sport. So the feelings were a little bit different than in Indian Wells because that was, like, the first actual victory I'd ever gotten, like my best win ever. Then I just kept believing in myself. I think the confidence really skyrocketed after that tournament. Even in Australia, I think I was playing well. I remember I went through quallies. I won a round. Now being in the finals is just really special."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2A42gi0
Advertisemen

Disclaimer: Images, articles or videos on the web sometimes come from various other media sources. Copyright is fully held by the source. If there are problems related to this, you can contact us disini.
Related Posts
Disqus Comments