name='verify_a78772d791e94fc7f9666f0dd14249cc'/> 2016 Rio match between del Potro and Djokovic stands out - Tsitsipas

2016 Rio match between del Potro and Djokovic stands out - Tsitsipas

Advertisemen

Stefanos Tsitsipas is already looking forward to the 2020 Tokyo Olympic Games. Speaking to the ITF Youtube Channel, the 21-year-old Athens native said: "Few players in tennis that stood out to me were del Potro and Djokovic, that match they played in Rio, I remember watching it and I almost felt like a final although was the first round. It was a great match to watch."

On how it will feel to partner up with Maria Sakkari in mixed doubles, Tsitsipas added: "I am sure she is gonna be pumped up like me, we make a great team and we really hope that we make Greece proud in our performance in Tokyo. I would like to work on some things on the court before entering such an important event and I think playing in a Slam would not be a bad idea."

Analyzing his season overall, Tsitsipas said: "It's been a great year, it's not over yet, there is plenty of tennis ahead and I am really happy with my performance so far. There have been some ups and downs but I am trying to figure a few things out and not make the same mistakes over and over again. You want to give every best shot that you have, so I am trying to have that spark again and bring it back to my game. I need to become fresh and new again."

On his weapons, he concluded: "My return plays an important role in my confidence in my game. If I know that I can press with my return and create opportunities from the very beginning of the point, that usually gives me a big boost."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2O6Yr42
Advertisemen

Disclaimer: Images, articles or videos on the web sometimes come from various other media sources. Copyright is fully held by the source. If there are problems related to this, you can contact us disini.
Related Posts
Disqus Comments