name='verify_a78772d791e94fc7f9666f0dd14249cc'/> Stefanos Tsitsipas: Now players know what to expect from me

Stefanos Tsitsipas: Now players know what to expect from me

Advertisemen

In a press conference, Stefanos Tsitsipas commented on how it feels to be at Queen's for the first time in his career.

The Greek player said: "Nice place to play tennis. The grass court is really nice, one of the best. I like the facilities. I like how organized everything is. One thing that I have been really struggling with lately is all the doors in this facility. Seems like way too many doors. It's like a labyrinth, right? I'm a young guy. I get used to that, I guess. The difference between clay and grass, you have to stay lower. You have to have fast anticipation and not necessarily play extreme tennis. You have to play clean. You have to come to the net. You have to concentrate on other things when you play instead of trying to spin the ball a lot or trying to open the court. That doesn't really work on grass. You have to stay low, come to the net, serve well. And my relationship with grass is really -- I have great memories from the grass. I won Wimbledon doubles here in juniors. Very close to winning Wimbledon singles. I lost in the semis. Qualified two years ago and made fourth round last year. So my relationship with grass is pretty good (smiling). My mood for London is I really want to do well. I want to do much better than the fourth round from last year, so I know it's going to take something more, something more difficult and to overcome people. Players know me. Players know what to expect. So I really hope I do well and leave from grass court season with great memories and great moments from that surface."

Tsitsipas won his first round against Kyle Edmund at Queen's, 6-3, 7-5 on Thursday. He will play Jeremy Chardy in the second round later on the same day.

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2IVV8sh
Advertisemen

Disclaimer: Images, articles or videos on the web sometimes come from various other media sources. Copyright is fully held by the source. If there are problems related to this, you can contact us disini.
Related Posts
Disqus Comments