name='verify_a78772d791e94fc7f9666f0dd14249cc'/> Simona Halep: 'I am more recognised since my French Open title'

Simona Halep: 'I am more recognised since my French Open title'

Advertisemen

The French Open will forever be a major tournament for Simona Halep. Here 12 months ago the Romanian won her maiden Grand Slam title defeating Sloane Stephens in a three-set final. In an interview to The Telegraph Halep spoke about how her life has changed since then. “I’m more recognised now, wherever I go. When you win a grand slam, you feel like you are a complete player. I feel thankful for everything. But my life is the same, nothing is changed. I’m happy with what I’ve done, I’m more confident, I feel like I am in a better position, in a better place, and I’ve improved a lot as a person and in general life. I think only good things have happened since I won the grand slam", said Halep.

This year's French Open will be different as she heads there without her coach Darren Cahill who she split with last year. “Darren was really important in my career and, because of him, I achieved great things", admitted Halep. "My game is very physical and I always have to take care of my body. Mentally, I also have to be fresh and confident when I step on the court. I’ve worked on these things, and when you see improvements, you feel confident, you feel positive. It is not easy without Darren, but he taught me how to manage the moments during the matches. I think I’m at a good level of tennis right now and positive on court. I’ve played well this year, even if I haven’t won titles. I think my level is good.”

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2KyGY3p
Advertisemen

Disclaimer: Images, articles or videos on the web sometimes come from various other media sources. Copyright is fully held by the source. If there are problems related to this, you can contact us disini.
Related Posts
Disqus Comments