name='verify_a78772d791e94fc7f9666f0dd14249cc'/> I used to hate Roger Federer as a kid, says Daniil Medvedev

I used to hate Roger Federer as a kid, says Daniil Medvedev

Advertisemen

Daniil Medvedev shared an interesting insight on Roger Federer. The Russian player respects the Swiss and he also got some advice from Federer, but at the beginning of his life, it was not like this. "I felt like this when I was younger like when I was 10. I used to hate Roger. I just couldn’t see him win again. I was cheering from the first round for other guys because that’s the way I was. When Barcelona was winning everything in football, I wanted them to lose badly. Now it’s changed a little, at least for tennis because now I’m more focused on myself. If I lose first round, I don’t care if it’s Nadal, Roger or Novak who wins the French Open, I’m just upset about myself losing in the first round. That’s how it is."

"No matter who I play, I just want to win. Roger, I didn’t beat him, I played him three times, last two times I lost easy. Novak, I finally managed to beat him [in Monte Carlo] after losing three times. Do I say after this match, “Yeah I beat Novak! This is the new generation!”, no I just focus on my performance. That’s the same for every match. I should say I admire that at their age that they’re still ahead of them. They have something. We all have ups and downs and they don’t really have that. Every Grand Slam they are there and nearly every time they are finals or semi-finals and me at this moment I don’t know how they do it. I really want to know why. Yeah, I hope one day we start beating them.’

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2Y46Qrb
Advertisemen

Disclaimer: Images, articles or videos on the web sometimes come from various other media sources. Copyright is fully held by the source. If there are problems related to this, you can contact us disini.
Related Posts
Disqus Comments