name='verify_a78772d791e94fc7f9666f0dd14249cc'/> Gael Monfils: 'I am not more rigorous because of Elina Svitolina'

Gael Monfils: 'I am not more rigorous because of Elina Svitolina'

Advertisemen

In a press conference in the French Open Gael Monfils commented on his relationship with the girlfriend Elina Svitolina. The Frenchman denied that he has been more strict since when she started dating the Ukrainian.

"It's just to make things clear. With Elina, it's wonderful. It's cool. It's been quite a long time we have been together. It's fabulous. And it's cool. But if people start telling me that I play tennis well or that I'm more rigorous or more like this or like that, so this year I change coach. So we have to put things back into context, changing team, changing coach, so I changed a lot of things. I grew up. So my love life is fantastic, but it doesn't really help me. I have the impression that I'm more afraid of my coach than my girlfriend. Do you see what I mean? So if I'm late, what's Elina going to say? But my coach, yes, he might say something. But she helps me with many things, indeed. But you're right because she also plays tennis, she understands incredibly well many things. She's also a champion. But in this respect, no. I say this because sometimes people forget I changed coach, and he does excellent work. And people put too much focus on Elina. She helps me, yes. But my coach is new and he's really helping me a lot and he has a different way of working. And people say, Well, he's more stable in his love life. In general, I'm not talking to you specifically. But my coach, well, he loses credit, which he deserves", Monfils concluded laughing.

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2WqxWHa
Advertisemen

Disclaimer: Images, articles or videos on the web sometimes come from various other media sources. Copyright is fully held by the source. If there are problems related to this, you can contact us disini.
Related Posts
Disqus Comments