name='verify_a78772d791e94fc7f9666f0dd14249cc'/> Diego Schwartzman: 'Rafael Nadal is the best footballer on tennis tour'

Diego Schwartzman: 'Rafael Nadal is the best footballer on tennis tour'

Advertisemen

In an interview to Tennis Legend Diego Schwartzman spoke about his passion for football. The Argentinean, who is a big Boca Juniors fan, said: "I started playing football as soon as I was able to do it. I stopped when I was 13 years old because of an injury and then I focused just on tennis. All the kids play football in Argentina so I was playing tennis and football."

Asked who is the best tennis player in football, Schwartzman replied: "There are many, but I will say Rafael Nadal is the best one. He also played it when he was younger. Who is the worst? I do not know. It's difficult to mention the worst but I would say the biggest players are not the best one."

Asked to make a five-team football team, Schwartzman replied: "I pick Thiem, Nadal, myself, Andres Molteni and Pablo Cuevas because we need a goalkeeper like him and he is good."

Asked if he was economically supported by the Argentinean Federation, Schwartzman replied: "We do not have a Federation with many weapons. It's not like the French Federation that can help many players. We only have one or two players that the Federation financially supports in order to travel. But you have to pave your way of getting helped by your family that really works hard to give you the chance to play tennis."

In the French Open Schwartzman lost to his compatriot Leonardo Mayer in a four-set second round. He will be back to compete at Queen's.

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2wyKKRq
Advertisemen

Disclaimer: Images, articles or videos on the web sometimes come from various other media sources. Copyright is fully held by the source. If there are problems related to this, you can contact us disini.
Related Posts
Disqus Comments