name='verify_a78772d791e94fc7f9666f0dd14249cc'/> David Goffin: 'Rafael Nadal is hard to play. He is impressive physically'

David Goffin: 'Rafael Nadal is hard to play. He is impressive physically'

Advertisemen

David Goffin lost to Rafael Nadal in four sets and in press conference he showed to be pleased with his performance. The Belgian said: "It was not easy at the beginning of the match because I didn't used to the center court. It's not easy because he's playing so far back. And it look like you hit too slow, you know, because it's -- he's like a wall, five meters behind. And it looks like you serve 120, and then it looks like you hit with a soft balls because it doesn't go. He's so fast and he's behind and he's playing so heavy. So it's not easy to make a winner. But you have to find some solutions. And then I tried to be more effective with my serve and especially, yeah, in the third obviously. But I started to find some solution in second on my service game because, after first set, I knew that it was impossible to play the rally because he's too solid. He covered the court so well. And so I had to play faster, but on the good one, on the good shot. And I started to find some solutions on my serve. Some drop shots, good forehands, and then I was more aggressive in the third. But it's tough to play the whole match like this because, yeah, he's really solid, really consistent. Doesn't give any points. So, yeah, it's tough. It's tough. He is very hard to play, he is impressive physically.

As I said, there were some good things throughout the tournament, and it's the most important. I was competitive, creative, spontaneous, and it is my strength, and it's the most important", said Goffin, who will leave the top 30 rankings. "What really matters to me is my game, and I'm glad that I was able to step up my level. And when you get lower in the ranking, you start facing stronger opponents and, therefore, it can be Rafa Nadal or other players. In this case, it was Rafa Nadal in the third round, but it's not the most important thing. I know that if I continue down this track, I will increase my ranking."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2HPCenC
Advertisemen

Disclaimer: Images, articles or videos on the web sometimes come from various other media sources. Copyright is fully held by the source. If there are problems related to this, you can contact us disini.
Related Posts
Disqus Comments