name='verify_a78772d791e94fc7f9666f0dd14249cc'/> Borna Coric: I played the best tennis of my life against Roger Federer

Borna Coric: I played the best tennis of my life against Roger Federer

Advertisemen

Borna Coric was excited to start his title defence in Halle. Recalling the peak of his season last year, the Croatian player said: "With Miami and Halle, I made my breakthrough. I cracked the top 20 rankings, I started to be seeded in some tournaments. I came to Halle, I did not know what to expect, I had never played on grass and I played the best tennis of my life against Roger Federer. And I won. In Shanghai, I did not expect to play the finals. I got better and better. It was one of the best memories of my life. I would like to crack the top ten rankings and improve my game. I got from 24th to 12th. It's been very good and I hope it can be even better."

Analyzing his first-round win over Jaume Munar, Coric said: “I was a bit nervous in the beginning because I am reigning champion here. The early break in the second set helped me a lot."

On Alexander Zverev, Boris Becker said: "Sascha struggled a lot to find his best shape in this clay-court season. But I think his coaches can help him a lot."

Coric reached the quarter-finals in Halle after a win over Portuguese qualifier Joao Sousa in the second round on Wednesday. The fourth seed won 7-6(4), 5-7, 7-6(4). He could play Federer in the semi-finals at the event. In the quarter-final, Coric will play Pierre-Hugues Herbert. The French player defeated Ukrainian Sergiy Stakhovsky in the second round on Wednesday. 

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2FpGhW1
Advertisemen

Disclaimer: Images, articles or videos on the web sometimes come from various other media sources. Copyright is fully held by the source. If there are problems related to this, you can contact us disini.
Related Posts
Disqus Comments