name='verify_a78772d791e94fc7f9666f0dd14249cc'/> Andy Murray: Ashleigh Barty rejected to play Wimbledon mixed with me

Andy Murray: Ashleigh Barty rejected to play Wimbledon mixed with me

Advertisemen

On a column for BBC, Andy Murray commented on Ashleigh Barty refusing to play mixed doubles with him at Wimbledon. The Australian player revealed it on Friday and Murray confirmed it on Saturday. "I would like to play mixed doubles at Wimbledon next month and I have spoken to a couple of players about partnering up," wrote the three-time Grand Slam winner. "But I've been rejected a couple of times so far - in the nicest possible way, of course! One of those people was Ash Barty. I asked her during the French Open and she said no because she is already playing in singles and doubles, so didn't want to play in three competitions. Of course, I understood that. She also said: 'There's many better out there than me.' Then a few days later she won the French Open, so I fired her a message saying I told her she was one of the best - but she still rejected me!"

On his return to competition that he made this week in doubles with Feliciano Lopez, Murray added: "Making my return at Queen's was a special moment; it was really nice being back on a tennis court and I enjoyed it. I was happy playing again. But I wasn't overcome with emotion on the court. The past couple of years have been an emotional time for me, and when it came to the Australian Open I decided I had had enough and was able to speak out about it. Before that, it was really difficult for me to do that. Because of how professional sport is, you end up telling everyone you're OK and you're feeling a bit better. But you're not."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2IBODMj
Advertisemen

Disclaimer: Images, articles or videos on the web sometimes come from various other media sources. Copyright is fully held by the source. If there are problems related to this, you can contact us disini.
Related Posts
Disqus Comments