name='verify_a78772d791e94fc7f9666f0dd14249cc'/> Sakkari: I'm honored to be in one of Stefanos Tsitsipas' YouTube videos

Sakkari: I'm honored to be in one of Stefanos Tsitsipas' YouTube videos

Advertisemen

Stefanos Tsitsipas restarted his vlog and it features a picture with his compatriot Maria Sakkari in a car. In a press conference, Sakkari was asked about it. "I have to see it to tell you how I feel about it. So we were both in Monaco and we drove -- we were in the same flight. I caught him recording me when I didn't know that he was. But it's my pleasure and my honor to be in one of his YouTube videos."

Asked how much she knew about her opponent, Sakkari replied: "I checked. To tell you the truth, I checked her activity. I show that she last played -- I didn't check the math, but I show that it was 2017. You know, it's always tough to play someone who hasn't played in a while because you don't know what to expect. You see players every week, so you more or less know what to do. But I think it's also quite tough for you, you know, to come back after I assume an injury she had."

On how she spends her off-court time, Sakkari added: "I try not to stay so much in the room because I get sick of it, you know? You need fresh air. You need to do stuff. So tomorrow I'm going to practice for like an hour, hour and a half and do some stuff with my fitness coach, then go back to the hotel, get treatment, and have a nice dinner with my family that is here. You know, it's nice to walk around Paris and enjoying most of the time the good weather at that time."

On how it feels to almost be as old as her coach - there is just a few months difference between them - Sakkari concluded: "Well, it is different, I have to tell you because I always had older coaches. I never had a very old coach. The last one was my grandfather, so you can -- (Laughing). But it's quite nice. Because, you know, we're very good friends, as well, so we do stuff together. And I remember in San Jose we were riding the scooters for, like, 45 minutes. So I wouldn't be able to do it with my grandfather, I assume. So it's quite cool. We can spend time together like friends."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2XmkRAh
Advertisemen

Disclaimer: Images, articles or videos on the web sometimes come from various other media sources. Copyright is fully held by the source. If there are problems related to this, you can contact us disini.
Related Posts
Disqus Comments