name='verify_a78772d791e94fc7f9666f0dd14249cc'/> Roger Federer: 'Playing against a guy like Casper Ruud is so nice'

Roger Federer: 'Playing against a guy like Casper Ruud is so nice'

Advertisemen

In a press conference in the French Open Roger Federer defeated Casper Ruud in straight sets to reach the fourth round.

The Swiss player said: "Yeah, look, I thought -- I liked how he figured things out after going on a tough run thereof nine games. The third set could have gone either way. He had chances early, then later, and then again after. It was nice to see him hang in there. I thought the first set also was tough, even though that was, it ended up, I think, double break maybe or 6-3. I can see why he's going to be good in the future. He's got a great attitude, very calm, very quiet, maybe very Norwegian, I'm not sure. But it's nice to see that he's very focused, he's got good energy. Even though he is maybe more on the calm side, also very fair, and no grunting and all that stuff. It's just nice to play against a guy like that, to be quite honest. Yeah, I mean, he's going to be doing all the right things, thanks to his father and his team, I'm sure. His work ethic is there, you can see it already. He's very strong. I enjoyed the match. I thought it was tough, even though I had a good run there for a while. And that also is very important for me to know, as well, that I can run through a set and a half and just take care of business and gives me confidence for the next match. That's for sure."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2QFzCvd
Advertisemen

Disclaimer: Images, articles or videos on the web sometimes come from various other media sources. Copyright is fully held by the source. If there are problems related to this, you can contact us disini.
Related Posts
Disqus Comments